By Andy on December 17, 2015
Substitute your whole abs exercise routine with just one exercise.
I am often asked by our members at Iconic Fitness, a gym in Dubai Marina, if there is one exercise that can be done at home, in the hotel, or just quickly during lunch at the gym that caters to a complete abs workout in a short time.
There are countless abs exercises and core strengthening routines out there. Some quite technical and others are quick, rushed, and complicated. This exercise is easy to execute, straight forward that you can do absolutely anywhere.
Introducing the ‘Arina abs’ exercise. Designed right here in our own Iconic Fitness Box in Dubai Marina. In fact, it’s so effective I named it after my lovely wife, Arina.
Watch this video : How to do the ‘Arina abs’ exercise
This exercise has 3 phases. When all 3 phases are strung together you’ll target the upper, middle, lower abdominal region as well as the deeper core. EXPECT SOME SERIOUS BURN.
Try completing 100 reps in total. Take your time and rest if you have to. Here is the break down:
Phase 1- a static crunch. In fact, just 1 crunch throughout the whole sequence.
- Keep the shoulder blades off the floor as high as you can.
- The higher the shoulders are off the floor, the more you can press the lower back into the floor, this is safer for the lower back.
- Be sure to suck in the gut throughout the whole exercise
Phase 2 – a reverse crunch
- Use the core to lift the hips off the floor.
- Don’t use momentum, each and every rep should be done through effort.
Phase 3- a kick out
- Kick the legs out as low as possible
- The lower the legs, the more challenging.
- If you struggle with this 3rd phase – start off by kicking slightly higher, the higher you kick the easier the exercise is.
- Never allow your back to arch off the floor.
Iconic Fitness, Dubai Marina