By Andy on March 17, 2016
Here are few knee stability exercises you can do without any fancy equipment.
We all have our own unique way of lunging, squatting and other knee flexion and extension movements. Addition to this we all tend to push through one leg harder than the other, so adding a routine where you target the knees separately from one another is a must.
The main idea is to focus on the ‘teardrop muscle’ located on the inside of your knee. So try to complete all these exercises at about half squat position , if you squat too deep you will neglect the main focus are.
Please note that these aren’t necessarily for rehab purposes but will be beneficial for anyone looking to increase the overall strength and wellness of the knee stabilizers.
- Lateral walks, walk 10 steps each direction, complete 3 sets for levels 1 and 2
- Single leg jumps, 10 jumps per leg for level 1-3
- Wall toe touches, complete 3 sets of 10 reps per leg
- Single leg lunges with side resistance, complete 3 sets of 15 reps
- Single leg lunges on ball, complete 3 sets of 15 reps
Iconic Fitness and CrossFit Duo – Dubai Marina